Overview of the key issues and opportunities for Bonny Hills
The key issues and opportunities for Bonny Hills are outlined in the
Community's Vision Statement, in overview:
of our natural environment and wildlife
- Maintaining village character and quality of
- Ensuring safe roads for people and wildlife
- Water quality and management
These guidelines provide the focus for the
majority of the Progress Association's business and for drawing up annual
work plans. More specifically the issues and opportunities that the
Association has been working on over recent years have included:
- Ensuring that developments comply with
regulations and are environmentally sensitive.
Having building heights conform is one of the community's strongest
concerns to maintain a village atmosphere..
- Planned management of existing vegetation
including the maintenance of effective wildlife corridors.
- The potential pressures that larger
developments will place on infrastructure and services many of which are
- Ocean Drive and Houston Mitchell Drive, our
main thoroughfares, are in a parlous state.
- Ensuring that water quality in Duchess Creek
and the Ocean at Rainbow Beach is of a high standard.
- The community having input to Master Plans for
our three Crown Land Reserves to deliver the best combined amenity for
Bonny Hills residents
- Catering for the needs of youth and older
residents alike in the community
- Public safety and law and order issues.
- Agreeing on a sensible location for a light
industrial area to be shared with Lake Cathie
The following document contains more detail on the above.
Briefing for Mayor October 2017